Groom for Retired Horse and Agritourism Facility:
Hermitage farm is looking for a full time groom to join our agritourism team. We have 11 retired horses (Lipizzaners, Thoroughbreds & a quarter pony) and a Clydesdale broodmare and foal. We operate all year round and have an awesome team. We host daily tours Wednesday thru Sunday, for a variety of guests of all ages and backgrounds. This team member will be a valued part of the team and will care for and help oversee the daily operations of the horses for the Tours department.
● Stall Cleaning
● Turn out
● Interacting with tours
● Occasionally Drive tractor for tours
● Supervise guest interaction with horses and answer any questions
● Weekly To Do list
● Monthly To Do list
● Helping with vet visits
● Assisting with any operational needs
● 1-2 years experience with horses
● High school diploma
● Night check/watch experience
● Experience with foals & broodmares
● Experience with Draft Horses a plus but not required
● Experience with Thoroughbreds a plus but not required
● Experience with Retired/Older horses a plus but not required
● Able to lift 50lbs
● Valid Driver’s license
● Reliable transportation
● Strong communication skills
● 5-6 days- 40 hrs with possible overtime
● 8am – 4pm most days unless otherwise noted
● Schedule will change during the slow season to give each barn staff member a weekend
day off. (November-March)
● During the busy season (April-October) barn staff members will work the weekends.
● Commensurate with experience
Line Cook / Prep Cook (Part Time)
We are searching for talented folks interested in developing their craft as a part of a talented team. Barn8 is a nationally recognized fine dining restaurant, with a commitment to hyper local food, some of which is grown on the premises. We want individuals passionate about food and eager to advance in the industry.
Other essential experience and qualities:
● Available and willing to work mornings, nights, and weekends.
● Have effective listening and communication skills.
● Well-organized and detail-oriented.
● Take pride in your work and strives to do an exceptional job.
● Passion for cooking, learning, and providing outstanding service.
● Manage daily preparation and quality of food and supplies for their assigned station(s).
● Maintain cleanliness and organization of all food and equipment storage areas with a focus on their daily assigned station(s).
● Support and work with the rest of the kitchen and service staff to ensure an exceptional experience for our guests.
● Presents and conducts themselves professionally, particularly during service.
● Open, operate, clean, and close the kitchen thoroughly and properly.
● Flexible schedule
● Paid time off
● Paid training
● Fine dining restaurant
● 8 hour shift
● Day shift
● Night shift
Weekly day range:
● Monday to Friday
● Rotating weekends
● Weekend availability
● $16 – $18 per hour
To apply for this position please contact email@example.com
Conveniently located between Churchill Downs and Keeneland Race Course, near world-renowned equine hospitals and surgical facilities, Hermitage Farm offers spacious paddocks, expert staff, and qualified veterinarians. We provide full-service boarding, breeding, and sales preparation, as well as post-operative care and layup services. Employees will manage quality mares, foals, yearlings and racehorses.
● Stall Cleaning
● Feeding and Watering
● Grooming and Bathing
● Turn Out / Put Up
● Occasional Grounds Maintenance (Weed-eating)
● Able to Lift 50lbs
● Valid Drivers’ License, Social Security Card, Passport or Permanent Resident Card
● Reliable personal transportation
● 5-6 Days, 7:00am – 4:30pm – Overtime after 40 Hours
● 401K Matching
● Salary Commensurate with Experience
● Onsite Housing or Monthly Housing Allowance
● Vacation and Sick Days
● Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance – Short-Term Disability Insurance
● Uniforms Provided
We recruit and employ individuals who share a passion to preserve and grow Hermitage Farm and further its mission to educate guests while providing and experience unmatched in quality and hospitality. Resumes may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org